Donate To Save Lives.
Photo by Joe Brusky/Overpass Light Brigade
Gun Violence Issues
- The majority of gun deaths in Wisconsin are suicides.
- Suicide attempts using a firearm are much more likely to be fatal than other methods.
- Most individuals who attempt suicide and survive do not go on to die by suicide in a future attempt.
- According to J.C. Campbell, et al. (2003), when an abusive partner has access to a firearm, it is five times as likely that an abused woman will die.
- Dating partners account for more than half of all intimate partner homicides.
- Everyday street violence accounts for the majority of gun homicides and injuries.
- Disproportionately, Black men are victims of gun homicides.
- We can break the cycles of gun violence in our cities.
Gun violence is preventable.
How can we prevent gun violence?
Community Violence Interruption
Community-based gun violence prevention and intervention programs, such as street interruption programs and hospital programs, effectively reduce community-level gun violence.
Requiring those who do decide to possess firearms to store them locked, unloaded, and separate from ammunition reduces the accessibility to children.
Help us now
Because we all deserve to go to school, work, places of worship, concerts, clubs, parades, grocery stores, and theaters without fear.
preventing gun violence, injuries, and deaths, through education and advocacy.
WAVE Educational Fund’s equity commitment is to cultivate a more equitable, violence-free society where we all feel a sense of security, belonging, value, and pride.