Press Contact Information
Please contact our Communications and Public Relations Manager, Heidi Johnson, to be directed to the staff member who will be most helpful.
Phone: (414) 909-1231
WAVE in the Media
2023 Media Coverage
- Milwaukee Independent: Wisconsinites Demand Common Sense Laws to Protect Children on Gun Violence Prevention Day of Action
- WPR: Advocates against gun violence call on lawmakers to take up background check bill
- WTAQ: Gun Violence Prevention Day of Action at the Capitiol
- WPR: Gun retailers could help with suicide prevention under GOP bill
- TMJ4: Community and city leaders wear orange for those affected by gun violence
- Spectrum News: Dozens participate in Paint the City Orange Peace Walk to end gun violence
- Shepherd Express: Wisconsin Events Emphasize National Gun Violence Awareness
- CBS 58: Events in Milwaukee set to observe National Gun Violence Awareness Weekend
- Human Rights Watch: Opposition to the Protect and Serve Act of 20
- CBS 58: Milwaukee groups weigh in on Nashville school shooting
- Chicago Tribune: America’s Dairyland takes a shot at naming a state rifle
- Associated Press: Wisconsin Republicans float bill to designate state rifle
- Spectrum News: In light of another shooting, anti-violence advocates push for reform
- Telemundo Wisconsin: Los defensores de la seguridad de las armas de Milwaukee esperan que se repriman los anuncios de armas dirigidos a los niños
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: Gov. Evers wants to expand background checks on guns through budget proposal; Here’s what data shows for rejected gun purchases in Wisconsin
- CBS 58: Milwaukee gun safety advocates hope for crackdown on gun marketing aimed at children
- Wisc News: Wisconsin felons would receive 5 years for having guns under GOP measure
- Milwaukee Independent: A day at Biden’s White House: the invite, representation, and ongoing progress of building a better Wisconsin
- CBS 58: Leaders, activists gather around Milwaukee’s MLK statue to remember Dr. King
- ONG Africondo: Carta para los tres amigos, Amlo, Biden, y Trudeau
- Filter: Efforts to Expand Community Violence Intervention in Wisconsin
- Fox6: Amid violent Milwaukee weekend, group targets prevention.
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: Germantown School Board asks state to allow concealed carry in schools and to train staff to use firearms
- Postindustrial: Life and death in America: Many say gun violence is a public health epidemic. These are the people working to help.
- Shepherd Express: Warning: Disturbing Content Describing Violence
- National Public Radio: The trial of Kyle Rittenhouse is a microcosm of the gun control debate in the U.S.
- NBC News: In the wake of Rittenhouse acquittal and Arbery killing, will more people turn to ‘vigilante justice’?
- The New York Times: Rittenhouse Case Highlights the Nation’s Deep Division Over Gun Rights