WAVE Educational Fund is currently recruiting 5-7 committed young leaders to serve on our new WAVE Youth Advisory Council. We are looking for young people who are passionate about seeing positive change in the state of Wisconsin, especially in communities most impacted by gun violence.
- Ages – 16-21
- Lives in Wisconsin
- Ability to engage with diverse groups
- Participation in trainings related to the focus areas
- Be prepared to fulfill a full term (based on what the council decides a term should be)
- Willingness to take a leadership role within the council
- Be prepared to engage in at least two meetings per month (based on the frequency the council determines)
- Access to technology that allows you to utilize both video and audio functions
- Internet access
- Engage with peers who share a similar interest in making Wisconsin a safer and more equitable place to live
- Have a voice in the decision-making process of a statewide organization
- The council will allow you to expand your personal and professional networks
- Leadership opportunities look great on college applications and to future employers
2021 Application Details
- The application opens on February 8th, 2021.
- Applications must be submitted by Friday, March 19th at 5:00 pm CST.
- You will be contacted by March 24th at 5:00 pm CST if we would like to schedule a phone interview with you.
- The first council meeting will be held on March 29th at 6:00 pm CST.
How to apply?
If you are interested in serving on the youth council, please apply here: https://forms.gle/z3wPx9xiwoaGC3SNA
Contact Deja Garner at dg@WaveEdFund.org for any questions or technical support.
WAVE is proud to celebrate diversity, and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. If there is a part of this description that would lead you to require accommodations, please let us know.
Vision Statement (What we hope to achieve): To be created by the council.
Purpose Statement (Why we exist and what we do): To be created by the council.
Description of the Council (Who we are): To be created by the council.
Term of Service: To be determined by the council.
Sample Officer Titles:
- Communications Officer
- Event Coordinator
Examples of Focus Areas:
- Gun Violence Prevention
- Racial Justice & Equity
- Community Building