Program and Outreach Associate
WAVE Educational Fund is a statewide, grassroots organization dedicated to preventing gun violence, injuries and deaths through education and advocacy.
Would you like to join our friendly, supportive, hardworking staff? We welcome you to apply for the position of Program and Outreach Associate. In this role, you will be responsible for engaging, motivating and mobilizing our supporters and other citizens. You will create and lead impactful programs and activities that will empower others to become change agents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help develop and lead ongoing, high-value citizen engagement projects, such as our Relational Volunteer Program (RVP), as well as our work in the areas of voter engagement and census participation
- Plan single-day citizen engagement activities, such as Day of Action at the Capitol
- Provide ongoing support and leadership to our citizen action teams (currently located in Milwaukee, Madison and Appleton)
- Assist in coordinating volunteers for activities both in and out of our office
- Assist in the planning and implementation of awareness-building and fundraising events
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with individuals and organizations who are interested in preventing gun violence.
- Network to achieve organizational goals at public events, meetings, and conferences.
- Provide relevant and accurate information to elected officials, community leaders, other organizations, the media, and the general public
- Support social media strategies, as needed
- Help with other tasks, as needed
- Excellent written communications skills
- Ability to communicate orally in a clear, professional and supportive way
- Proficiency with computer applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, as well as social media platforms
- Willingness to work some nights and weekends and to travel to other parts of the state or country (proof of car insurance required)
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently with minimal supervision
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience doing community organizing, volunteer coordination, or issue advocacy preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Salary will be determined based on skills and experience
- Benefits are included.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to Kristina Paris at kp@WaveEdFund.org.
We know that the application process — with all of its waiting — can cause a lot of anxiety. We will do our best to keep you informed and communicate with you in a timely manner!
WAVE Educational Fund celebrates diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome, and are committed to creating, an inclusive environment. That means, we respect and support the diverse cultures, perspectives and life experiences of all applicants and employees. You’re safe here. You’re valued here.Program and Outreach Associate